Saturday, March 6, 2010

Seth...

Seth has some pretty good moments now and then. I thought I would share a couple with you from the past couple of days.

The other night, we were at Mom and Dad's and I was helping Mom put some stuff on Craigslist to sell and after dinner the kids each had an ice cream paddle-pop. Seth walked up to Nina and asked for some milk. I told him he was having milk and he looked at me confused and Mom said that he was having ice cream. He still looked confused and I told him ice cream is made from milk. He understood, but still insisted on having something to drink. Mom told him, "You can have some milk but you will have to give up the paddle-pop."
He handed the paddle-pop over to her and said, "ok". Mom and I both looked at him like he had lost his gord. Mom said (holding the paddle-pop), "Seriously?". He said yes. She gave him a glass of milk and Mom tried to give him back the paddle-pop telling him that she was only kidding and he said, "No, that is ok, you can finish it if you want." For all the times that my kids drive me CRAZY, these are the times that make me love them more and more everyday.

Tonight, Mom wanted to go to Kohl's to look for something and Seth was sitting in the cart and Grace was holding my hand. When she does this she thinks it is ok to just pull away and walk around wherever she feels like. I took her hand and walked her over to the side and sternly explained to her that she can not walk away when she feels like it. When I met up with Mom and Seth, Mom told me what Seth had said while I was gone.
Seth: Man, if Grace makes it to the age of 5, it will be a miracle! Sometimes I wish she were still a baby.
I laughed so hard, these kids come up with some good stuff. And the fact that he understands every concept of what he just said makes it even more funny.

No comments: