Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Afternoon at the races...

Last Tuesday, Aimee and I played horse hookey!!! It was two days before her birthday so I told her I would take her to the races. We left the kids at school/sitters/husbands. We had a great time. Couldn't have asked for a better day to go, the sun was shining all day. It was such a perfect day that we have been "begging" to go back next Tuesday. hahaha (hopefully it doesn't rain, we are going to the take the youngest kids with us).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AIMEE!!!!!

We watched the horses in the paddock area and picked our horses.

We ran into some old friends that work at the track as well. Amanda was working on her horse Tony, who is an ex-race horse. She ponies the racers to the gates and occassionally excercises some of the racers.

Then we saw Mike Nance. When I took this picture I didn't realize Mike was in it or that he even had a horse racing in this race. I was watching them tack up this mare and she was really jumpy. When I got back to the table where Aimee was we looked at the showbill and noticed that Mike had a horse in the race. We place our bet and call up Mike. We didn't win any money but we did get to see and old friend!! BTW...Mike used to train Aimee's horse, Foxy when she raced.



Then there is this... This is my dream horse!!! One day...one day...yes, one day!!!

No comments: