Once we got back from Arizona everyone health went down the tubes. I took Seth to the doc on Weds because his coughing was getting worse. They did a chest x-ray and found thought he was getting over pneumonia, so they gave him some antibiotics. I gave him the meds and took him back to school. At about 230pm the school called and said he had a fever of 101, so Richie went to pick him up and I have him some motrin for the fever and about 2 hours later his eyes were swollen shut. I couldn't figure out why this would happen, but quickly realized that he had new medicine early and that he was having an allergic reaction to it. I called the on-call doc and they said to give him benadryl and take him to the er. (ok, now that we are all better, I can finish this post...hahaha)
The doctor at the er didn't think that he had an allergic reaction but changed his antibiotics anyway, Thank god, cuz I am sure he didn't want to see me mad...LOL
Thursday Grace came down with a fever too, but I couldn't get her into the doc until Friday afternoon, so we were taking turns getting up every three hours to give her meds and then Friday morning when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a bus...
I went to the doc in the morning, low and behold, I have bronchial pneumonia...Richie took Grace to the doc in the afternoon and she had it too. So for the next 4 days we are stuck in our house with some serious cabin fever.
What are the odds that 3 out of 4 of us get sick. Pneumonia plus allergy season equals misery...
No comments:
Post a Comment