Saturday, July 16, 2011

Splatter Painting...

Grace has discovered Fancy Nancy and loves the books. I think we are only missing 4-5 books from the collection..haha!! One of the books is about being and artist and talks about an artist named Jackson Pollock. He would put canvas on the ground and splatter paint all over the place. Sooooo...me and my brilliant ideas...LOL...I went out and bought 4 18x20 canvases and then to Lowe's for some paint. I bought 7 primary color paints in the trial size. We took everything home and laid it out on the lawn. Kids put on crummy clothes and aprons (not that the aprons helped one iota..LOL)







The kids got to work and by the time they were done, they probably had more paint on themselves than on the canvas, but it had a blast watching them. After everyone was cleaned up, Seth read Grace's bedtime book to her. I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!!! It was very appropriate for the day!!



No comments: