Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ok, all, this is going to be a long post. So I apologize now, but hopefully you will get a kick out of it. Last Monday Grace had her first dance recital. Now mind you, Mom took her to the rehersal because I was still not feeling well after my procedure. She did great at the rehersal and did both of her routines great, then ran off, and they had to shut down the entire rehersal to find her. Needless to say, they didn't stay for the practice of the finale...LOL
Monday came and I was quite nervous about her getting away from us again, so I was back stage for the first routine (ballet) while Mom, Dad and Seth were watching and taking pictures. It was priceless...she did so good.
Every once in awhile, she would go off track and check out her outfit and make sure she was standing on her spot.

All of the girls were gorgeous!!

Next was the tap number, Mom took her up for this one, because she said that she laughed so hard on the ballet that I had to see this for myself. I took the camera and just started shooting. I wasn't really sure what the pictures were going to look like because Iwas laughing so hard too, my hands were shaking...LOL

This is were the really funny part is, she decided that in the middle of her number she wanted to show off her skirt, so she grabbed it and started moving sideways to shake it. It didn't matter what the other girls were doing...hahaha Then she realized she wasn't where she was supposed to be and stopped to run over and join the others...the video is much better....LOL

The End!!!

Dad video taped it, so as soon as I get that on disc I will get it up here so you can see it...

4 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

hahaha...SO cute. She is a riot! I know it's not funny, but the story of your Mom losing her, will always make me laugh.

Wickenkamp Family said...

It is quite comical, although probaby not so funny when Mom was looking for her...hahaha I just turned in the video to have it put on a CD so I can upload it here soon!!

Polly said...

I was not laughing on Sunday. Saturday was a completely different story.

Polly said...

Sorry, meant Monday. Monday I was really laughing