Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Grand Rapids, Michigan...

This is going to be a long post, so I will try to break it up into a couple. This past weekend we took an extended weekend to travel up to Grand Rapids, Michigan for a wedding. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and we couldn't have asked for anything better. We arrived on Thursday and went to visit my dad's parents and then went swimming at the hotel. The kids thought this was the best thing ever...swimming at night!! Friday we went to Holland State Park to the beach. Again, beautiful weather. The water was great and the kids were amazing. (Last year when we went to Myrtle Beach, the kids didn't want to have anything to do with the water) I guess with fresh water it is a different story, not to mention a year older too. Saturday, before the wedding we drove around the town looking at all the houses that mom and dad grew up in and looked at the high school that my mom attended. This is our favorite house...this is the one I remember my mom's parents living in when I was growing up (the Mackinaw house)...

After driving around we went to a park that Mom used to play at when she was younger and let the kids run around.

Before dropping Mom off back at the house, we made a lunch stop at Yesterdog...
This is the "ultradog", and yes, somewhere under all that YUMMINESS is a hotdog!!

1 comment:

Polly said...

Ohhhh, I want more. 3 weeks and counting!!