Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Seth!!!

Saturday was Seth's 6th birthday, and of course, anyone that has kids knows they get the works on that special day!!!
To start this, I have to tell you the night before I was in the car with the kids and Seth told me he wanted breakfast in bed....I about died!! I asked him what he meant and he said, " you know, Mom, like I gave you on Mother's Day". I joked with him that to get breakfast in bed would require him to stay in bed longer than us...hahaha
So, that night I was making cupcakes for his party after he went to bed and called Richie to tell him what Seth had said about breakfast. (Richie makes waffles from scratch on special occassions) He told me he would work something out. (I was thinking a bowl of cereal in bed...LOL) Nope, he came home from work and made the batter for the waffles, put it in the fridge and set the alarm for 6:30am (hoping Seth would still be in bed). Well, it all worked out. Seth got his breakfast in bed, in style (whipped cream and all)...
The day started out great, it was raining all morning, but it was great until noon. It finally stopped raining, BUT the power went out. I called the electric company and they said the power should be back on by 6pm...WHAT!!!! We made the best of it (Richie had to work), made videos on the phone, colored, all around fun...I was starting to get worried about 5pm because Mom and Dad were supposed to be coming over for dinner (Seth picked homemade pizza for his birthday dinner). Mom had come to pick up Seth to take him shopping so they were at her house. I called the company again to make sure the time hadn't changed...it didn't. So, Grace and I are hanging out in Seth's room playing with the race track and the power came back on (5:45pm). Talk about cutting it close!! Mom and Dad brought Seth home and we made some homemade pizza for dinner!!!
Happy Birthday Buddy!!! We love you lots and more!!!!