Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Snakes, lizards, Chameleons....

Sunday, was the BIG party!!! This year we went to Tye-Dyed Iguana (www.thetdi.com). We have seen them at a few school functions and they are really cool. It is very educational and the kids love the hands on...

We started out with a lizard of some sort that was smooth on its back and spiky tail. Then we moved on to a boa constrictor.

Next was a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach...

Next was the tortoise....

On to the Mexican Tarantula...Yes, that is Mom holding it!!! LOL
Preston being a daredevil!!

This was my favorite, Wembley, the Chameleon. Did you know that they don't change their color according to their environment...it changes according to their mood!!!

And last but certainly not least, Aphrodite!!

Yes, that is an 80 pound albino burmese python around Seth's neck!!! I will also have you know that being the "brave" mother that I am, I touched/held every single animal (except the cockroach and spider). That DOES include the snake...See, I have proof!!!
I must have been out of my mind...hahaha
I hope everyone had a great time and we sure do appreciate everyone coming out to help Seth celebrate this 6th birthday!!!

1 comment:

The Utley Crew said...

How fun...I am so sad we missed it! I could have handled it all but that damn hissing cockroach would have sent me screaming from the room...hahaha! Glad you had a great party!