Friday, September 25, 2009

2009 Scott Air Force Base Airshow...

Last week was chaos around here. Richie working 16 hour days because he was on the executive committee for this year's airshow. Grace and I went out for lunch with him one day and I finally figured out why he volunteers for this crap...LOL (He know how much I DISLIKE going to airshows that the only way to drag me there is to disappear for a week so I have to go so we/kids can see him...)
The kids and I got up that morning and headed out, walked a mile from the car to the airshow. We met up with Tina, Doug, Freddy and Ben. Watched Tora, Tora, Tora (they reenact Pearl Harbor). I will have to admit that was pretty cool!!
After the show, Doug took the kids up to the front of the area to watch the firemen put out the fires the "planes" made from the "bombs"...
Once all the excitement was gone, we headed over to the tarmack and waited in line to walk thru a plane (that took almost an hour)...It is always a good time when you are surrounded by family and friends...We got home about 2pm and took showers and got ready for a relaxing afternoon at home when I heard something outside. The headliner for this year were the Canadian Snowbirds and they were right over the house!!! They came around 2 or 3 times to get into formation and then head to the base...
This picture is taken from my backyard!!!

No comments: