I have a couple of stories about the kids to share...
First up is Grace:
I was driving down the interstate and I was behind a truck that would not move over or make a decision on his speed, so I said out loud, "Come on, pick a lane...". Grace said, "Who are you talking to Mommy?". I responded by saying, "I am talking to the truck in front of me. He won't move." She looked right at me and said, "Mommy, trucks don't talk!!"
Second up is Seth:
Last night while I was uploading photos to the blog, Seth came up to me and asked if we could play Hangman. I said, "Sure, buddy, go get a piece of paper from downstairs and a pencil." He did and he started the game. When it was mine turn to pick a word for him this is what it looked like:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
He got n, b and a, so now it looks like this:
_ _ b a n _ n
He asked for a clue and I told him he needed to try one more letter (of course, he is choosing letters like k, z, y, w, v...LOL)
I gave him a clue: "Where do we live?"
Right away he got it: Lebanon
Next it was his turn again to pick a word for me to try. I told him to write the word on the back so he knew how to spell it and didn't miss any letters. This is what he came up with:
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
I got a T and W, so now I have:
t w _ _ _
_ _ _ _
I am thinking he didn't spell the words right, because I could not for the life of me figure out a 5 letter word that started with TW. I asked him for a clue and the response I got from him is classic...
"Mom, I am not giving you a clue. You are a grown up and can figure this out on your own."
WHAT???!!!!!
I guessed one more letter and asked for a clue again. He finally gave in and gave me a clue:
"Mom, we used these to build a fire in Michigan for smores."
"TWIGS"
YAY!!! I figured it out...hahaha I was so relieved he actually spelled the word right!!
btw, the second word was bigs...
No comments:
Post a Comment