Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!!!

Today was the BIG DAY!!! The first day of school for both kiddos...here in Florida the whole county has the same school schedule and it works out GREAT!! Same days off and since my kids will never go to the same school while we are here, that is great news for planning vacations. Seth is in second grade and was looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new things. He was also looking forward to riding the bus. I didn't let him ride the bus in Lebanon because there were highschoolers on the bus. It was easier to drive him. Here he is on the bus with K-5 which for me is a little easier to take. They both woke up with smiles on their faces, which always puts a smile on mine!!!

Grace was disappointed she couldn't go to school this morning, but quickly realized that she had the house to herself!! She got to hang out with Mommy for the morning and loved it. When it came time for lunch she perked up even more, knowing that school was getting ready to start. She goes to a Voluntary Pre-K program (free in the state of FL) about 2 miles from the house. She is there for 3 hours everyday!!!

I will say though, when the Seth got on the bus, I started to get really nervous and the house felt started feeling empty. Grace did a good job of keeping my in check and keeping my mind off of wondering about Seth. Once she went to school, I didn't have anyone to keep my mind off of the fact the kids weren't in the house yelling at each other, so I went to the grocery store...LOL Seth came home first, the bus dropped him off at 2:15 right in front of the house and I lit up when he jumped off the bus with a giant smile on his face. He had a GREAT day and loved the school. We had 45 minutes to ourselves before we had to get Grace from school. When time to get Grace, Seth was ready to tell her all about his day and ask about hers. Grace was painting when we picked her up and is in a class of 6. She had a GREAT time too, and they both had lots to tell us at dinner!! I sure hope they just as much fun everyday!!!!

1 comment:

Polly said...

They look so OLD!!!