Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Grace!!

Grace's celebration started on Friday at school. This is the first year that school has been in session close enough to her birthday to take something in. We went to the store and she picked out a strawberry cake and she wanted pink frosting. We made the cake on Wednesday night and frosted it Thursday night. We even bought candy letters to put on it, but once they were on and I went to take a shower half of the letters were gone. Hmmmmm... And of course there aren't enough letters to replace the ones missing...LOL

Sunday was party time. Since she had a birthday party in June (her 1/2 birthday) she understood there weren't any presents, but that didn't stop us from having a good time. Her friend Abby came over and played for a while, helped me make some cookies. Wrestled on the sofa and got ready for dinner. She chose seafood (I am the only one in the family that doesn't like it). The only seafood she really likes is crab legs, so off to The Crab Trap we go. We walked in and we were the only ones in the place so we partied like it was 1999. The waiter pulled out the lobsters from the tank and the kids felt the shells and Seth and I held one.

Since she had a cake for school she decided that a "Giant Party Sundae" was in the works for her birthday. She found this watching Sprout (a TV channel). We found the recipe online and bought the ingredients. We had strawberries, orange jello, banana pudding, grapes, angel food cake, more strawberries and a large dollop of cool whip topped with a cherry. It was very YUMMY!!



It is amazing to me that she is 5 now. I hope we all make it to 6..LOL It occurred to me today that she will be in Kindergarten next year, and although I am excited that she will be going, I am also scared to death. We all know she will is the last child we are going to have and she has brought so much love and laughter into our lives.
*Note: Seth is a SUPER big brother. He woke up early this morning and wrote a note and taped it to Grace's door. It says "Happy Birthday Grace". He was so good today. I know that they will have their sibling rivalries, but in the end I know they will be there for each other when it counts :)

No comments: