Monday, March 21, 2011

New Desk!!!

We found a new desk for the kids to do thier homework at, since the table in the kitchen is in front of the TV...LOL The desk is solid wood and loved it, just not the color (of course), so we loaded it up in the trailer and brought it home. We didn't have a chair for it, so we went to Lowe's and bought some cheap 1x2's and 1x3's and Richie and Seth built a chair from www.ana-white.com. I love stripping the furniture because I get to see how many different styles there are underneath. This one had the black and white and there was orange under that. Not as many colors as the dresser had. When we realized there was orange under everything, Seth and I decided we really liked the color.





We put 2 coats of paint on it, then sanded down some of the edges and put a glaze over it to highlight the sanded parts. Then on top of that there is a protective clear coat (it smelled, looked and spread like glue and dried clear) we added since the kids will be coloring on the desk and I am sure there will be marks on it at some point. The chair just has a polystain on it from Lowe's (the same stain I used on the dresser). We put it in the play room and one of these days (probably not for at least another 6 months) I want to reorganize the play room when Richie gets back from his deployment.



I really love the way it turned out and the kids are excited to use it!!

No comments: