So, I decided that Seth needed a new dresser. With his growing and all, his clothes were not fitting the dresser any more with the drawers being too small...LOL It was time for an "upgrade". I had been searching the thrift stores, consignment stores, and antique stores looking for something to redo. I finally found something!! It was all white and had silver handles on the drawers. We loaded it up in the trailer and headed home where we have disected it and figured out what we were going to do with it. I had in mind the color I wanted to do, so that part was easy. The hard part was stripping the sucker. There were six coats of "stuff" on it. White, chocolate brown, green, primer, poly, and then a stain of some sort. Crazy...

I got through most of the paints with the stripper (3 trys) and then had to sand it down.


After it was all sanded, the fun began. I painted 2 coats of paint and then sanded some of the edges to give it a "used" look and then put a stain over it. I think it turned out really well and Seth really likes it too. I put some feet on it as well to raise it up just a little and spray painted the knobs. I liked the style, just not the color.
No comments:
Post a Comment