Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tying Shoes...

It is not very often that I write something that doesn't follow with a picture of some sort, but this was too funny not to share...

This morning we were in our usual routine of getting ready for school and Seth has been in this kick of wearing a button down shirt everyday. I think we have one for every day of the week!!!haha So, I tell him to get dressed for school and of course he comes out in a button down shirt and jeans (whats new, right?haha) and his "harley" boots (these would be a pair of black dress shoes). We have always bought velcro shoes for him since he was able to put on his shoes by himself until now.

He can now tie his own shoes!!!! This is the funny part...I told Grace to get some shoes so we could take Seth to school and I was thinking just a pair of croc type shoes, since we were coming right back home, but she had a meltdown. Seth came in and said "Mom, crocs don't tie!!" I am looking at him like "sorry, didn't realize that is what the problem was". Seth gets Grace's tennis shoes (because they have laces) and I start to put them on her. She tells me "No Mommy, Seth is going to put my shoes on because he can tie now!!" Now, who am I to argue over Seth helping Grace with something that she is going to let him help her with!!!

2 comments:

Polly said...

Buddha, I am so proud of you. You will have to show me sometime. Gracie is lucky to have you help her, your mom would have laughed and made her brothers tie their own shoes.

The Utley Crew said...

YAY, Seth!


PS...TAG, you're it...see my blog for details! :)