Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3 Year Check-up

Grace had her 3 year check up last Tuesday and she was a LUNATIC!!! I can not believe how she was acting. The tech asked us to come back so that she could be weighed and measured. Once we got back to the office she started her antics of trying to be shy and screaming at the top of her lungs about not wanting to stand on the scale...so the tech and I had to hold her down on the baby table (which she has now maxed out in length). The doctor came out of his office and saw Grace acting up and me telling her to get over herself and listen to the tech (she was trying to "cling" to my leg). When he saw me telling her this he said, "I knew there was a reason I liked you, don't give in, Mom." Once we finally pinned her down to get the measurements we went into the office to wait for the doctor. I read a book to her and she acted like there was nothing wrong. Then the doc came in and she started up again. I sat in the chair next to the bed and the doc went about his business of talking to Grace. She kept saying, "I want my Mommy." I just sat in the chair. She fought him tooth and nail. It was ridiculous...At one point I asked him if he wanted me to hold her legs and he said, "No, you just sit right there, I am going to win this fight." I said, "Ok, let me know if you have any questions!!" Finally after the DRAMA QUEEN was finished with her appointment the doc told me, "I don't think I have ever met a 3 year old girl that strong before." (maybe that is why we call her "tank"LOL) I told the doc that he wasn't allowed to move before us, and he looked at me like I was crazy (I was being totally serious). He told me he wouldn't be moving until 2012, so I think we are in the clear...LOL.

He is awesome; he plays with the kids and pretends to kick himself in the head with their feet, where they actually think they did!!! It is so funny to watch him with the kids and he is so straight forward, which I like.

Well, now for the results, she is 39 pounds and 36 inches tall. I came home and looked on the growth chart to see where she is...LOL. Ok, are you ready? She is in the 25% for height and off the chart for weight.

No comments: