Monday, October 25, 2010

Holland Farms...

So, it is that time of year when you go to the pumpkin patch and pick that one pumpkin to paint, carve, or decorate. Well, here in Florida there are no pumpkin patches. So, all of the places I found have advertised patches, but they have brought them in from the North and put them in a field...that is until I found this place. Holland Farms grew their own pumpkin patch!!! I was so excited, I couldn't contain myself. The kids didn't have school on a Monday for "planning day" so I made a picnic lunch and we headed out. This place was very home grown foods. They are actually a peanut farm, but have a pumpkin patch and a sunflower field. We watched them boil and roast peanuts and went on a 30-40 minute hayride that even went through the woods. It was fabulous. The kids enjoyed themselves and we will be back in the summer/spring for the watermelons!!! Oh, and peanuts grow above ground...I didn't know that!!











No comments: