Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Being a Mom...

is the best thing in the whole world. Having kids changes your life so much. Words cannot explain the joy that it brings about being a "mommy". They bring back being a kid yourself. This summer I really watched the kids grow so much. Seth is swimming now without water wings (still in swim lessons), learning to ride his bike with out training wheels, and being a really good big brother. Grace is learning to hold her own against Seth, talking in full conversations, and wanting to do everything Seth is doing (t-ball, riding bikes). There are sooooo many firsts that you just don't want to miss. I am looking forward to all of them and hope that I am half the mother my mother was to me.


Yesterday was a perfect day. Richie came home in the morning off of a mid shift and got the kids breakfast and let me sleep for about an hour more. When I got up he went to bed and the kids and I were off. We played with toys, dress up, and read some books. We ate lunch and then ran a couple of errands. Richie woke up and did the lawn, where if Richie is outside Seth is right beside him. Grace and I went to the post office and the commissary for dinner things.


I love my kids and wouldn't change a thing about either one of them, however it is nice to be able to spend some one on one time with each of them. Seth had his last t-ball game last night and Grace hadn't had a nap so, I took Seth to the game and Richie stayed home with Grace. Grace was in bed and Richie was napping before he had to go back to work so Seth and I ate dinner and went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. His t-ball coaches gave each team member a gift card so of course we have to go that night. I didn't argue though.

Here is an example of why I think kids will make your day better no matter what time of day.
When Richie went in to check on the kids before he left for work last night, he came in to get me to see this. Grace was so tired last night she couldn't even make into her bed all the way. She had taken her shirt off and tried to get back into bed. Who knows how long she was like this. I am sure it was for a while. When Seth and I got home from his game it was 7:30 and she didn't make a sound. Richie went to check on her at about 10:00pm. This was just too funny not to take a picture of.

2 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

hahaha, look at her! I love it!

THE OTT'S said...

ooohhh my goodness!!!!!! I would have been laughing so hard I would have woke her, but if she fell asleep that way, who knows maybe not.