Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Day

Today was an absolutely beautiful day. After everyone was dressed, I thought, what a gorgeous day for a picnic. We packed up the kids and went to the store for a few things and headed to Forest Park. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips. After lunch we played a game and then walked around the park for awhile. The view from the blanket was amazing. We went to the Great Basin area in the park near the fountains. The kids love watching the fountains and looking for fish in the water.

Enjoying their sandwiches. mmmm...good.

Seth was so hungry, he wanted a second sandwich. Here he is spreading the jelly. Pay attention Grace, your time will come to make your own sandwich too.

This is the view from our blanket.
The kids and I enjoying the scenery.
After the park we decided to visit the zoo. Grace and Seth had one animal in mind they just had to visit. The River's Edge to see the hippos.

Grace is not quite sure what she is supposed to be looking for.

Seth can't find the hippos. Once we got to the exhibit, I think he was just interested in the water and fish.

Next was the elephants. Here is the newest addition to the family.

Of course, no trip to the zoo is complete without Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

I don't think Seth could get his mouth open wide enough, do you?

I guess using a spoon just isn't very lady like. What a hoot?
This concludes our day out. We had a great weekend and hope everyone else did the same. We love and miss you all.

No comments: