This has been probably the laziest week ever. With everyone watching the news about Hurricane Ike and the gas prices going out of control we have not done much. The weekend was probably the most productive part.
First, I am going to start with my issues: Hurricane Ike-My question is, if the authorities are telling you that leaving would be a good option, not to ride out the storm, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO STAY? Your belonging are going to be in the same place they would be if you left (all over the streets along with you cars, boats, roof of your house). Maybe it is just me, but if the government is telling you to write my SSN on my forearm with a permanent marker for identification, I AM LEAVING. I am sorry, I know I have never been told to evacuate, but I have had a house hit by a major hurricane. I was lucky my family was not there to have to worry about evacuating. My house is material and CAN be fixed. I know that I was fortunate enough to have family to help with the situation and that others are not as lucky, but there are shelters in place for this reason. Ok, enough rambling about that on to the next subject.
Second: GAS, what the HE** is up with that? Talk about price gouging. One minute it is $3.65 and the next it is going up to $3.89, in "preparation" of Hurricane Ike. The next day is up to $4.09 in some areas and others up to $4.60. I about fainted when I saw $4.60 a gallon, come on, please. One station will have $4.09 and the one down the street is $4.69. Now you tell me, which one do you think I am going to go to? (Well, in hopes anyway that they STILL have gas.)
Ok, I am better now, I had to do some venting about this crap. Friday was really fun. We went to my brother's house for dinner. I called Missy and asked her what she was fixing for dinner and she didn't know, so I invited ourselves over anyway. I made chili before they got home from work. Pete and Missy were watching Pearl that night too, so she was at the house for the kids to play with. It was really nice to hang out with my siblings and their families. It doesn't happen very often (by the way guys, if you are reading this, I think we need to do this at least once a month). We didn't get home till late and found out that my headlights weren't even working so we had to take Tiffani's car home and come back in the morning, which worked out great, because Missy called while I was driving to Tiffani's and asked if we wanted to go apple picking with them. (like I am going to say no to that, or my kids). We tried to get Tiffani to go with us and even pulled the Grace on her and have Grace ask, but it didn't work. She said call me when you are done and we can go out for lunch. So we did. After apple picking we called her and we all met up at O'Charley's for lunch (Luke even got to come). (For those of you that don't know, we usually go to O'Charley's for lunch when we have a group like that because the kids meals are free with a purchase of an adult meal all the time, you only have to pay for the drinks). It was a great time.
Once lunch was over I came home and don't think I left the house until this morning to take Seth to school. We were supposed to have our family pictures done on Sunday, but with the rain we had to cancel and reschedule for another day. We are crossing our fingers no more hurricanes come through before then.
Well that is all for this side of the world for today, I hope to have some fun and interesting news in the near future. We love and miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment