This weekend was Richie's birthday. On Friday we made carmel apples with the apples that we picked on Tuesday. They were sooooo good. We picked the honey crisp apples. If you haven't had a honey crisp apple, you have to go to an apple orchard and get some. They are the best and only in season this time of year. They are a hybrid apple so they are not usually sold in stores. We like them because they are not too sweet and not too tart.
We are peeling the wrappers off the carmel cubes and dumping them into the crock pot. Grace did most of them. (and she actually put all of the carmel in the pot!!!)LOL
Grace working diligently on unwrapping the candy.
On a side note: After we put all the carmel in the crockpot I started dinner and Grace found herself in my bathroom with makeup. This is the end result.
The apple was too sticky to pick up.
Saturday was Richie's birthday and he wanted to go apple picking again. We had eaten 13 pounds of apples in 4 days. (the guys next door helped and they wanted some apples too) So we went picking again in the morning. The kids picked for free (2 pounds each) and Richie and I picked our big bag. We have more carmel and apple crisp mix.
Seth showing Richie his find. What a beauty!!!
Seth looking for the perfect apple!!
Also, I wanted to tell you all that I actually rode the motorcycle last night. This is a big thing for me. We went out for dinner with some friends and family to a Japanese restaraunt and rode the bike to dinner. Talk about stress, I don't think I took a breath the entire way to dinner. The couple that was following us to the restaraunt was laughing at me the entire way. If nothing else I am good for a good laugh every once in a while.
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!!
1 comment:
Well....if you REALLY need us to, I can take some more of those caramel apples off of your hands! haha!
I JUST posted pics of Abby with lipstick, too. These little boogers.
Sorry we missed the b-day dinner. Mom was leaving right about that time, and I was in a crappy mood. I can just see you on that bike, though. haha!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICHIE! :)
Post a Comment