I was reading over some of the entries on the blog and noticed that a lot of them are about Grace because she is the one at home with me while Seth is in school, so I wanted to share this little story with you!!!
A couple of weeks ago Mom came to me and said that Mrs. Quayle had a really funny story about Seth. I took Seth into school one morning and asked her what the funny story was and this is the outcome:
Mrs. Quayle: "Class, I want you to think of a word that rhymes with "ut"."
Each student came up with a word, whether it was a real word or not didn't matter. Once it was Seth's turn, she noticed his eyes were wondering as if to be looking at the wall to find a letter to put in front of "ut". Now just a side note, the class has not started really working on blends (ie. br, cr, pl)
Seth: "Slut."
Mrs. Quayle: "Yes, Seth, that does rhyme with "ut"."
She kept her cool and moved right on to the next student and made sure to tell me what he had said. She told me the funny part was that she couldn't figure out were he would have gotten it from, until she realized the wondering eyes on the wall. He saw the blend on the wall and thought he just made up a word) LOL
I was rolling, she told me that last year, she had a class full of 5 year old going on 40 that would have known what the word was, but this year she has 5 year olds and it was hilarious to see one think they were just making up a word, not realizing what they had just said.
1 comment:
I am so glad you put this story up... CLASSIC...
Post a Comment