Richie worked a dayshift today, but got off work early. The kids wanted to go do something and their suggestion was Monkey Joes. I told them that is was beautiful outside so we needed to do something outside. Seth asked if we could go on a picnic. I asked him if he wanted to go to the zoo and eat a picnic there. He went to see if Grace was ok with it and came back and said yes. I packed up some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and pretzels and we headed out. Finding parking was kind of tricky, I think everyone had the same idea…


After the penguins we went over by the sea lions and ate lunch. We watched the sea lion feeding and then headed up to the reptile house. As were walking through the house, I saw something on my shoulder and thought it was a small spider, so I swatted at it and it fell to the floor. No, not a spider, it was a honey bee. Then I realized it hurt, the darn thing stung me. I look at my shoulder and see the stinger still there. I don’t think I had ever been stung by a bee before, and I tell you it HURT…
Once we got there, the kids said they wanted to walk around for a while before eating. Fine with me…I am in no hurry today. Seth had the camera and took almost all of the pictures today. (I will put his name in the ones he took)…He did a great job!!! I even had one parent say to me, “starting him early, I see.” Well, that is what the delete button is for. LOL
Our first stop was the penguins.
After the penguins we went over by the sea lions and ate lunch. We watched the sea lion feeding and then headed up to the reptile house. As were walking through the house, I saw something on my shoulder and thought it was a small spider, so I swatted at it and it fell to the floor. No, not a spider, it was a honey bee. Then I realized it hurt, the darn thing stung me. I look at my shoulder and see the stinger still there. I don’t think I had ever been stung by a bee before, and I tell you it HURT…
Now, my favorite part, The River’s Edge…I love watching the hippos. And they were full of energy today…
No comments:
Post a Comment