I have been mentally preparing myself for this day. This morning Seth and I were talking about how last week at school was so that all the kids could get used to the teacher and routine and that today he would be coming home with homework. We talked about the spelling words, vocabulary words, and grammar. He was fine with it this morning.
Well, this afternoon was another story. He came home and unloaded his book bag. He knew there was homework because he told me there was a book in the bag that he had to read. I pulled out the folder and looked over the worksheets and homework assignments. He read his two stories without any problems, but as soon as I said to get a piece of paper to write down his spelling words, the meltdown began…WOW!!!
Like I said before, I have been preparing for this day for a while, so I sat back in my chair and let him go. I told him that, I was here to help him and I wasn’t mad. He kept up with the “I don’t like school” bit. As soon as he finished his meltdown we did his spelling words and we were done for the night.
Huge drama for little things…
No comments:
Post a Comment