Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Trying something new…

Last week we bought a new computer, but it had to be ordered.  So yesterday it finally came in and Richie set it up and today I have been trying to figure out what is on it.  I found Windows Live Writer, where I should be able to blog without actually going to the blog site to do it.  We will see if this works. 

A little about what has been going on around here.  Today was Seth’s first full day of school.  Grace should have been at school for her second day, but has been under the weather the past couple of days.  She woke up Sunday night with a fever of 102.  Tylenol/Motrin for her all day on Monday.  The fever finally broke late Monday night, but I didn’t want to push my luck with the school calling me.  So, she has been at home all day with me, of course, asking every hour when Seth is coming home…LOL  It was like the day would never end with her asking all the time.  Of course as soon as Seth walks in the door, they are fighting and arguing until bedtime. 

Right before dinner tonight, they were outside playing baseball.  Seth was pitching the ball to Grace and he was “coaching” her on how to stand at the plate and swing.  He told her to “rotate her hips” to the plate and she does a little gig…LOL  Gotta love it!!!

Now the kids are in bed, Richie is at a softball game and I am playing on the new computer!!!

Here’s to hoping Thursday will be my first day with both kids in school!!!  Hopefully it doesn’t rain, because I have a surprise for Richie (he is working a swing shift and doesn’t have to be to work until 3).  Otherwise we will have to shoot for next Tuesday…

2 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

OMG!!! What will you do with no kiddos for a few hours!!!??? Have fun!!!

I LOVE all the first day pics of the kiddos. Seth looks so grown up...I can't believe he was just turning 4 when I first met him! CRAZY!!!

Vickie said...

I think that is really cool Amanda.
Draak started school on the tenth of this month. He loves it alot, always trying to be the center of attention.