Sunday, December 14, 2008

ER visit...

Last night was a long one. Richie and I went to dinner with some friends and Mom and Dad were watching the kids. We picked up the kids and took them home and straight to bed. After all was settled, Richie and I watched a VERY dumb movie and went to bed. I got ready for bed and then went into Seth's room to take him to the bathroom, like we do every night (he is totally asleep when we do this, he doesn't even know what is going on half the time). I turned him around to head back to his room and his feet flew out from under him and he landed flat on his face, spread eagle on the concrete floor. UGH!!! I was a wreck. Normally things like this don't bother me too much, but my adrenaline was rushing so much all the color excaped my face and I was white as a ghost. So while I am trying not to pass out and keep his mouth from bleeding all over the bathroom, Richie got Grace in the car and we headed to the ER. We called Mom and Dad on the way and asked them to meet us there to get Grace so we could stay with Seth. He jammed his mouth so hard I was worried about his teeth and since he wouldn't let us look to see anything we took him in...(BTW it is now 11:30pm)

After a couple of hours in the ER, they sent us home with some antibiotics and some instructions to call the dentist on Monday. Seth is now on a soft food diet (which consists of ice cream, pudding, jello, mac and cheese, etc...He is really loving life right now!!haha)
This picture was taken the next morning when he and I woke up. We were supposed to have breakfast with Santa today with Aimee and the boys, but I was not about to wake him up to go...He needs his sleep. He has been such a trooper!!

No comments: