Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Grace!!!

Friday was Grace's birthday and she and I had a day planned all out (Seth was in school and Richie was at work). First we started out with a couple of errands to run (must return some things) and then it was to the lunch of her choice. She chose O'Charley's...fine by me as the kids eat free there. They just like the rolls they give everyone. She ordered chicken fingers and fries. I told the waiter that it was her birthday and she could order what she wanted. The waiter looked at me crazy, thinking " you are actually going to let a 3 year old order". But she knew what she wanted (just like any other woman, right?!!!) hahaha. Surprisingly she ate all of her chicken and a couple of fries. (usually we are taking the fries away so she will eat the rest of her meal). The waiter even brought out a birthday treat for her when she was done (ice cream with chocolate chips). He was probably thinking "TIP"!!!LOL Then it was off to the mall. We had been to the mall late last month to do some christmas shopping and we passed by Libby Lu (they do girl make overs there, princess stuff) and she was disappointed that she couldn't do it then. I told her that since Richie was working and Seth had school on her birthday I would take her to be a "princess". She was all over it!!! We invited a couple of close friends to go with us. Grace was all ready for this. The "pretties" (that would be eye shadow and lip gloss) and the hair do to match. They started out painting the nails. This was really exciting!!!
Then it was on to the eyeshadow and lip gloss followed by the hair do. She picked out the hair style she wanted. While I am watching them do this, I am thinking to myself, "this is a girl who runs away when she sees a brush come out of the drawer everyday!!!" Go figure, she will let someone else do her hair and actually sit still for it. hahaha
Now no hair style is complete without hairspray and glitter!!!

The final do!!! She looks so much like Seth in this picture it is scary!!!

Now this next picture you can see why I am so impressed with the way she actually sat still for this. I guess if a 3 year old really wants to look like a princess, she will stop at nothing to get that accomplished!!!LOL

Dawnjulene and Dache' came to play princess with us, but Dache' decided not to have it done, but they stayed and watched Grace. Thank you both for coming. We missed having Andrea and Abby with us, but understand. Hope you are feeling better, Abby.

Me and my "pink tank".

1 comment:

The Utley Crew said...

SO cute! Yes, we HAVE to make reservations to go back! So sorry we missed it...I had to think fast when Abby asked about going to Grace's party, and told her that the party isn't until Mon. so she will probably show up to Dr. Jazz expecting a make over! haha!