Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Time for the Dentist...

Today was dentist appt day. Seth had an appt and Grace went with us so she could meet the doc, and have her teeth counted. They like to see them around age three to count and get the kids used to being there. On Sunday I told Seth we were going on Tues and that Grace was going with us...He was so excited. (He is not my shy one at the doc's office). I asked him to tell Grace about the dentist hoping that it would ease her a little, because she pitches a fit everytime we go to the doc. (That is until everyone (me) tells her to get over it, no one cares that you are acting like this...hahaha!) Seth was up first and this was his first time getting flouride treatment. He told Grace all about the counting and that she could count his teeth and watch the tech "tickle" his teeth for the cleaning.


When the tech put in the flouride, Seth really wasn't sure what was going on, so we had to explain to him that from now on he will have to have this done to keep his teeth strong. He really wasn't too worried as long as he got to use the sucker...hahaha!!!
Grace was up next, and I am sure you are all looking for the pictures of her, thinking this is going to be hilarious...well, since I had to sit in the chair with Grace (with my legs wrapped around her and tell her to get over herself) there was no one to take pictures of her. Aww! but wait someone did take pictures and did a fine job I might add...
Realizing that this is not a big deal, Grace finally got a grip and opened her mouth. It didn't take long once she realized that she wasn't going to win this battle..LOL
After it was all said and done, we have the finally product of mellow dramatic queen!!!
Seth did a great job taking pictures, and I hope you all got at least one good laugh out of this adventure!!!LOL

2 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

Yay, Grace and Seth. Abby is up next. I was thinking about you all today and your appt. as I was taking Abby to her Dr. appt. haha!

Wickenkamp Family said...

hope it went well...less dramatic than ours!!!LOL