Grace:"I want to go ride Mommy."
Me:"Ride what?"
Grace:"A horsey."
Me:"What horse do you want to ride?"
Grace:"Candy."
Me:"Where is Candy?"
Me:"Where is Candy?"
Grace:"At Ms. Aimee's house" (Duh)
Now for those of you who don't know this, Grace won't even touch a horse, much less ever ask to ride one. Every time we go to Aimee's house and open the pole barn door, Grace will RUN the other way. Seth will brush and ride with no problem. He actually really enjoys it (Leisurely, of course.)
This conversation took place on Saturday before we went to the Horseradish Festival. I told her I would talk to Aimee and see if we could come ride on Sunday morning. Aimee said that was fine and after riding we could take the kids to the Mascoutah pool (the closest thing to a waterpark for kids without the prices). Once we got out there the pole barn was already open and the kids went and played while Aimee went to catch Candy (who is a 30+ year young horse).
Here they are waiting to brush Candy. The look on Grace's face cracks me up. ("What have I gotten myself into?")
Not sure why Grace wanted to brush the back end. I guess she figured the further away from the head of the horse she was, the safer she was.
Seth was first to ride. He is starting to figure out that when you pull one way, Candy will go in that direction.
Grace's turn. Notice Seth had to be on the horse with her. She insisted and a lollipop!! She told me one picture and then she was getting down. So here it is.
"Now that that is over, I am going to sit here and enjoy my lollipop while you guys untack the horse". Thanks for the ride CANDY!!!
1 comment:
If I hadn't seen the picture I wouldn't believe it!!! Gracie on a horse!!! Grace or Seth, you now have a very expensive hobby going.
Post a Comment