Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sports Injuries...

I just don't know where to begin. Last week at Seth's first t-ball game he broke his thumb. Of course when he says his thumb hurts, I ask if he can still move it and he is fine. Before the game even started last week, he came up to me with the coach and said that he jammed his thumb and that it hurt. I asked if he could still move it and he said yes. So, he played the game. Later that week he was complaining that it hurt when he would bump it or something. Knowing that he had a doc appt (for school physical) this Tuesday, I told him if it still hurts when he goes to the doc to tell him. Well, he told the doc and they took x-rays. Richie calls me and says he broke his thumb and that he can't play t-ball for awhile. Well, Seth was supposed to have a game and team pictures that day.
Seth was devastated. He thought he was in trouble for breaking his thumb and that not getting to play t-ball was the punishment. He was a great sport though and went to the game all dressed to take the pictures and cheer on the team.
He was not very excited to be sitting on the bench, but he loved the attention. Here he is with some of the other players getting ready for their team picture.
We called all the grandparents and told them. He talked to Grandpa Wickenkamp and by looking at the picture, it looks like he is showing Grandpa Wickenkamp his thumb. (because grandparents can see through the phones you know LOL)

He was a good sport and tried to help out in any way he could.

I am sure this is the first of more to come. He is supposed to keep it on for 4 weeks, but we are able to take it if we "REALLY" need to. He was really interested to know that both Richie and I have had a cast on as well, all the questions "who, what, when, where, how???". Gotta love it!!
On another note, Richie made TSGT. YAY!! Finally passed the test. He should pin on sometime at the end of the year.




No comments: