Friday, August 8, 2008

Free time...

is not something that we get around here for ourselves. However, during my free time I do like to go ride out at Aimee's. Today was a beautiful day and I asked Heather if she would like to go out there with me and the kids. We packed up the kids and set out for the barn. The kids love going out there... Grace's favorite part is feeding the horses(I guess she doesn't think they are big enough).
Foxy was not really into being riden. She was being attacked by giant horseflies. I rode for a few minutes, before it got uncomforable with her kicking herself in the stomach.
She is a very good girl. She is however, very attached to the other horse that Aimee has, Candy.
After I put Foxy away, I got Candy ready for the other to ride. Seth was up first. He is getting the hang of it. I have doing circles around me to get used to turning her in the direction he wants her to go.
This is Garrett (Heather's oldest). This was the second time he has riden. He did a great job. He was telling me in this picture that he didn't want to let his mom ride, because that would mean he would have to get down. We were laughing about it.
Grace and Wyatt were more interested in playing on the swingset.
Heather is looking forward to moving to MO, were they are building a house and she can have horses of her own.
This is what Foxy does when her other half is not with her. She acts like a maniac. She was galloping around the other pasture to try to be next to Candy. When Candy saw Foxy doing this Candy had had enough and wanted to go back. I guess that is her way of saying we are done for the day. These two are quite the characters when they are together.

1 comment:

THE OTT'S said...

I rode Sat Sunday and had the same experience--bird size flies!!! I did find though that the more I pressed Foxy to move on the less the flies could actually make contact. So we trotted around for about 30minutes . She actually didn't want to trot (or be ridden probably) she was so distracted, so me and my you'll do it anyway attitude is paying for it with sore iner thighs from squeezing to get her to go on and from squeezing to hold on when she shook. I am not looking forward to cooler weather for any other reason but less bugs, I just wish someone made a fly spray that worked!!!!!!