Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Watching the kids...

I was watching the kids tonight and something hit me. They really do love each other, they don't always have to argue. Tonight, my mom and I took the kids to a Cardinals game and we were out pretty late. Seth has school in the morning and he was getting antsy so we left early. On the way home they were laughing so hard in the car at each other (they were probably dillusional)LOL. When we got home I told Seth to brush his teeth and then get ready for bed. Instead he brushed Grace's teeth and got her ready for bed. (I know he wasn't listening to what I told him to do, but how do you really get upset at this.) Sometimes he really amazes me with the things he does. Tonight is a good example. Of course when I am watching him brush her teeth, I am completely thinking, "where is the freaking camera when I need it?"haha

Anyway, after he was finally ready for bed, I had put Grace in bed and already closed the door, when he said he needed to sing to her. (Richie was at work and he ALWAYS sings "take me out to the ball game" to both kids EVERY night before bed) Seth took it upon himself to crawl into bed with Grace and sing to her. I about cried. He was so cute sitting there singing and they always finish the song with "play ball" together. He gave her a kiss good night and then pulled the covers up and tucked her in.

He and I then went into his room and he got into bed and he asked me to get the phone. (We call Richie at work for him to sing to Seth). He gets tucked into bed and Richie sings. I give him a kiss good night after he hangs up the phone. Now, I usually say "I love you and will see you in the morning", but tonight he said it first (word for word). I know this may not sound like much, but they are growing up so fast, it is freaking scary. Sometimes I wish I could just push a pause button or freeze frame these moments in time.

SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Girl.... you seriously have me in tears over here!! Jeepers... time flies... and I too wish for that pause button!! Thanks for sharing your world with the rest of nosy folks.. I enjoy it!! And your kids will love you for it too!! ;o)