Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday...

has been pretty busy. We started out the day with some flooring. Dad came over this morning to help Richie start our new hardwood floor in the living room and hallway. We have decided to put in Bamboo flooring.



Keep in mind we got the flooring in on Thursday while I was at the zoo. I was thinking that Richie was at home just hanging out, but much to my surprise he had dusted the house, started a load of laundry and then decided to pull out all the carpet in the living room and hallway. That night after the kids went to bed I helped him pull out all the staples left in the subflooring and sweep. Friday night he put all the flooring in the house (it has to sit in the house for 24 hours before being layed out to adjust to the house temp). So, this morning was the big day.
Dad helped Richie get started before Richie had to go to work this afternoon. He will be at again in the morning. I will be so happy when it is all over. I am tired of dust. hahaha. I just keep thinking it will all be worth it in the end.



While he was doing this, Aimee and I met up at the Mascoutah Park for the rest of the homecoming events. There was an event that we thought the kids might enjoy, Pedal Tractor Pull. The kids had to pedal a tractor as far as they could pulling weights behind them. Definitely not as easy as it sounds.
Carson was the first up to try. They had 3 classes (based on the weight of the child). Carson was in class A (which BTW was repeated at the end of the event because the weight the kids were pulling was too much. The kids could only pedal about 3 feet).
Here is Hayden. Look at the determination on his face. He and Seth were in class B. This class had a few kids that pulled the weight until the tractor couldn't go any further. (there is a box on the trailer that goes up while the tractor is in motion, when it gets to the top the tractor will automatically stop)
Seth tried his best and got it moved about 15 feet before he looked at me and wondered if he could go any further. What a good sport.

No comments: