Saturday, August 16, 2008

OMG...

today was one of those day where I just wanted to curl up in a ball and scream my head off for no reason, other than to let out some steam. I know that it is me, stress, PMS, etc....but for some reason the kids were just getting on my last nerve. This story goes along with the one when kids will make you smile no matter what mood you are in.

Tonight was just one of those nights we wish sometimes we could rewind and try to start all over again. They were probably just fine, but I was only ever seeing the things that irritated me, pestering each other in the car, screaming at the top of their lungs in the car, telling each other what to do in the car, etc. Notice everything was in the car, we had a lot of errands to do today, as you can probably tell.

Well, after the running was over I told the kids we were going to eat then it was bed time. I told Grace to get undressed and of course she starts playing with her toys in the bedroom. (lovely, right!!!)I finally get her dressed, by this time Seth is getting ready for bed in his room too. I brushed Grace's teeth and then went to get Seth to brush his. Now this is the funny part. I opened the door and for some reason I looked up(probably because I noticed him turning on the ceiling fan and wondering why he even turned it off)to find his shorts were hanging from the fan and he wanted to see how far they would go with the fan on!!! I could not help myself. I laughed so hard, my stomach hurt. He started laughing so hard too, and not just laughing, that laugh that kids do when they think something is soooo funny they can't stop laughing.

These are the days. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Tomorrow is BBQ day!!!Richie is off work and I am looking forward to some marshmallow launching....

No comments: