Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fallen Soldier...

This morning when I dropped Seth off at school, I walked over to Mom's classroom to talk to her before playgroup and she told me about a soldier from a local town that was killed in Afghanistan. The kids were all making banners and posters for the motorcade. His body was brought into MidAmerica Airport (which is connected to the base here) and the motorcade was going right passed the school.


This was one of the most emotional things I have ever seen. I honestly could not hold back the tears. Looking at the posters the kids made was enough to make your eyes water. The look on the mother's face of the soldier was priceless as she drove past and saw the kids out there thanking her son. She should be proud of her son, he risked everything for us and I could never thank anyone who does this job enough.














Thank you Sgt/1C Gary Vasquez for your dedication. You will be deeply missed, and never forgotten.

No comments: